[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS 2 Customer Stories Report

Geoffrey Biggs via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 02:42:10 UTC 2019

For a flagship manipulation platform, I think Acutronics' Mara robot is a good choice. The company is investing a lot in ROS 2, the robot already runs it, they are contributing to the MoveIt port, and the hardware is in general very nice. Having a good second manipulation platform that is more like a traditional industrial manipulator also seems like a smart idea, but I don't know of any good candidates.

For a flagship navigation platform, I don't have any ideas. @mkhansen Is probably a good person to ask. I think it should probably be a platform that covers a range of sensors and has at least some capacity to carry a load or add a small manipulator.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-2-customer-stories-report/8158/2) or reply to this email to respond.