[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS 2 Customer Stories Report

Matt Hansen via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 17:01:53 UTC 2019

@davetcoleman - Great report, thanks so much for gathering and summarizing this data. I agree with it in general and the recommendations, and I see @gerkey has also read it and started a TSC discussion on it here on Discourse.

@gbiggs - We're in some discussions with a few companies about doing more complete demos and even products using Navigation2, but nothing is concrete yet. Although Robotis has been very helpful and supportive of running Nav2, we'd love to have something in addition to the Turtlebot3 to demo on.  If Acutronics, Toyota RI or anyone else wants to collaborate on that, please let me know.

BTW - I should mention that we do now have the Nav2 stack running on TB3 in a lab environment, not just in simulation. More work is needed however before a full demo is ready.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-2-customer-stories-report/8158/7) or reply to this email to respond.