[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Autoware] Splitting the Autoware.AI repository and changing the organisation

Geoffrey Biggs via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 08:32:46 UTC 2019

Another reason that @esteve reminded me of is that we are starting a re-implementation project to fix all the problems with .AI, and we want to integrate between the two. So for example reusing visualisation becomes a lot easier without worrying about package name clashes with other parts of Autoware between the two versions if we can reuse that repository as-is. Long term there are parts that we want to recycle wholesale (e.g. visualisation again), and so not having to switch to a different repository for that is also a benefit. Long-term, this is more relevant to the peripheral parts such as visualisation and simulation than the core parts, but in the short term the core parts are also relevant.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/splitting-the-autoware-ai-repository-and-changing-the-organisation/8139/17) or reply to this email to respond.