[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Developing with SROS

citrusying via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 09:44:49 UTC 2019

Hi @ruffsl

I hope I can get your advice about SROS1 even though there doesn't seem to be much activities/ updates for it. I am looking to use SROS1 for my project, which requires the ROS driver for joystick and the ROS turtlesim package. The idea is just to demonstrate the security features of SROS1 when using a user-operated joystick to control turtlesim.

I tried installing the packages the usual ROS-way, but obviously SROS1 did not recognise the presence of these packages. I have also tried copying the joy and turtlesim packages into the SROS1 folders but SROS1 is still unable to find these packages. I would like to ask:

1) Is the version of SROS1 available for download locked in the sense that it would not recognise any other packages installed?

2) Is there a way to install new packages, build and use it with SROS1?

3) As SROS1 works with only python, does this mean even the ROS drivers and packages all have to be converted into python to work?

Appreciate your help! Thanks!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/developing-with-sros/861/11) or reply to this email to respond.