[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Autoware/Autoware Simulator Project] Simulation software requirements

Geoffrey Biggs via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 23:43:04 UTC 2019

[quote="German_Ros, post:10, topic:7735"]
I would like to propose CARLA to be the official AutoWare simulation platform.
[/quote]

Just to clarify, we won't have *a single* "official" simulation platform. We intend to support as many as we can based on technical capability to use a simulator and resources to maintain a connection.

However, we will have a *default* simulator that will be used in tutorials and quick start guides, etc. My opinion is that licensing reasons make CARLA the best option here. @esteve has also made good arguments for why CARLA is technically the best option. As always, we are open to other opinions. In the long-run, what we want most is a healthy ecosystem of simulators that cover each other's weaknesses.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/simulation-software-requirements/7735/11) or reply to this email to respond.