[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Actions in ROS 2

Dirk Thomas via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 21:21:40 UTC 2019

[quote="Selvakumar_Ganesan, post:17, topic:6254"]

Im trying to understand ros actionlib and finding a way to implement fire and forget methods. I cannot use rosservices for this as its a blocking call. can you enlighten me with your view on whether rosaction shall be used to implement fire and forget mechanism using SimpleActionClient and SimpleActionServer?

[/quote]

You might want to ask your question on answers.ros.org instead. This thread is about actions in ROS 2. And both - action as well as service - in ROS 2 are providing an asynchronous API which means they are *not* blocking.

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/actions-in-ros-2/6254/19) or reply to this email to respond.