[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Autoware/Autoware Simulator Project] Simulation software requirements

Geoffrey Biggs via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 06:18:45 UTC 2019

[quote="hakuturu583, post:24, topic:7735"]

1.heavy means simulator calculation compare to other simulators such as LGSVL Simulator. I felt your simulator is too heavy when we use CARLA with GUI in Linux.

[/quote]

Please provide details of your testing method and the results you got for LGSVL and CARLA. Otherwise neither simulator will be able to validate your claims, find problems, and fix them.

[quote="hakuturu583, post:24, topic:7735"]

2.I try to build in Linux/Windows and it was very hard So, I felt it is very hard to modify source code and contribute to your sim.

[/quote]

Please be specific. What was hard? Where did you encounter difficulties? If you provide this information, the CARLA developers can improve their documentation and perhaps their build process. If you don't, nothing can be improved.

[quote="hakuturu583, post:24, topic:7735"]

3.Sorry for my vague answer, but when I drive a vehicle in your sim, and I felt that the vehicle turns to much rapidly compare to real cars. I think friction calculation or something like that is strange.

[/quote]

Can you provide a video of this? And a video of another simulator to show how it compares.

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/simulation-software-requirements/7735/25) or reply to this email to respond.