[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Jobs] Robotics Engineer

Jessica Szucs via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 23:27:08 UTC 2019

Robotics Engineer

Bristol

35,000  45,000 (DOE)

We are a fast-growing subsea robotics company focused in the renewables and offshore decommissioning sectors. We are advancing the state of the art in subsea robotics by developing the technology for live 3D vision and machine learning based data analysis.

Due to a new research project within unmanned underwater vehicles, we are expanding our current R&D team with an experienced Robotics Engineer.

The successful candidate will play a key role in the development of algorithms and system architecture for autonomous systems. The role will require the candidate to design, develop and test software on embedded systems for the control of a robotic vehicle in the subsea domain.

Essential requirements:

	PhD/Masters/Degree qualification in robotics or a computer science related subject

	At least 2 years industrial working experience developing and demonstrating autonomous and robotics systems

	Applying autonomous systems algorithms in the areas of mapping, path planning, localisation and control

	Experience with ROS

	Working with sensors and sensor data such as 3D point clouds

	Developing using C++ & Python

	Multithreaded programming and interprocess communications

	Working with simulators

	Experience using Linux systems via CLI

	Git version control

Desirable skills:

	Practical experience of a robotic system in the field

	Developing and integrating distributed embedded systems

	Visualisation and data analysis in jupyter notebook or similar

	Developing within a continuous integration and testing environment

	Writing and testing production code and working in teams

	Strong communications skills

	Permanent and unrestricted right to work and remain in the UK

Benefits

	Be a part of a rapidly growing and diverse company

	Opportunity to work on innovative ideas in the renewables and decommissioning industry using cutting edge technology

	Competitive salary

	25 days holiday plus bank holidays

	Generous pension scheme

	In-house Gym

	Great working environment in central Bristol

	Relocation costs covered

	Regular team activities and lunch

If you believe you have the above-mentioned skills, we want to hear from you. Please apply with your most up-to-date CV and a short description of what attracts you to the role via this link: https://rovco.workable.com/jobs/957519

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/robotics-engineer/8322/1) or reply to this email to respond.