Author: Kevin Watts
To: ros-users
Subject: Re: [ros-users] problems with driving robot with keyboard in stage and erratic simulations
I'm looking at the tutorial, and it looks like you need to remap the
"cmd_vel" topic to "base_controller/command".

http://www.ros.org/wiki/simulator_stage/Tutorials/SimulatingOneRobot#Drive_the_robot_around

You can try running "roswtf" or "rostopic info base_controller/command" to
see the status of the command topic. If the topic names don't match, the
base controller will not receive commands from your keyboard.

Kevin