Author: Andreas Hermann
To: ros-users
Subject: [ros-users] 3rd party libs
Hi ROS-Users,

I am new to ROS. I got our labs Hokuyo-scanner to work with ROS within
minutes but got stuck with problems while trying to use a Swissranger 4k.
The problem is that I don't find a way to include external libs, namely
ANN, FLANN and cminpack which are required by point_cloud_mapping.
Could someone give me a hint about the basics... Do I have to create a
package manually and fill in the sources from the downloaded ANN/FLANN
archives? Where is rosmake searching for the built libs? Or did I miss
something and rosdep is able to install this stuff automatically?

Has perhaps someone used the swissranger-driver-wrapper from Radu Bogdan
Rusu? It uses messages from deprecated-msgs that I replaced by
sensor_msgs. But it needs the mentioned external packages. I would of
course contribute the updated driver, if I get it to work.

Perhaps this toppic was already discussed here, but the search
functionality of the archive at https://code.ros.org/discuss/ros-users/
seems to be broken (?). Also the link on the

Thanks,

Andreas