Author: Jack O'Quin
To: ros-users
Subject: Re: [ros-users] Digital Camera 1394 in ROS?
2010/3/18 Jack O'Quin <>:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 5:54 AM, Klaus Petersen <> wrote:
>> Jack O'Quin さんは書きました:

>>> Please do, and let me know how it goes.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>

>> Hi Jack,
>>
>> I got the node to run under macosx as well. When compiling I had an
>> error with two uint declarations in camera1394.h which I fixed by
>> substituting with unsigned int. I had problems with the default mode
>> settings, so without changing these (or setting them as inital
>> parameters) the process got locked up. I guess this is a camera specific
>> problem. Also there is one notorious problem with libdc1394 on mac and
>> that is a warning message that occurs for every sampled frame saying
>> "libdc1394 warning: packet .. had error status 0". That can be fixed by
>> commenting the respective line and recompile library however, so that is
>> also no shortcoming of the node. Anyway, will continue trying..
>
> Thanks for the report, Klaus. Good to know it works.
>
> I committed the unsigned int fix to svn. I see some other potential
> portability problems I'll probably fix in the build soon. Maybe you
> can re-test that, too (will let you know when).

I just realized that there will probably be a new problem building in
OS X. Yesterday, I added a <rosdep> of the libdc1394v2 ROS package to
fix a build dependency problem on Ubuntu Hardy (which does not have
version 2 of that library. Unfortunately, libdc1394v2 is marked
ROS_BUILD_BLACKLIST_OSX. This is a temporary fix until I can come up
with a proper <rosdep> solution for that problem.

Maybe that will work for you, but I suspect it will not. If not,
you'll probably have to edit that <depend> out of the manifext.xml
until we have a better solution. Sorry for the mess, it was failing
the automated build tests in ros-pkg.

I don't suppose the automated builds include OS X. Is there any hope
of doing that in the future, perhaps?
--
joq