Author: Antons Rebguns
To: ros-users
Subject: [ros-users] gazebo and diffdrive plugin, weird behavior
Folks,

I am running from the "latest" tag with Gazebo simulator at rev 28511 (i.e. it's an unstable version 1.1.1). I have a
pretty weird problem when adding my robot to the environment - the robot jumps around for a few seconds until settles
down. It used to work fine in stable version of gazebo.

The problem seems to be in gazebo_ros_diffdrive plugin. If I comment out line 95:

this->posIface->data->cmdEnableMotors = 1;

then it does not jump around and starts up normally, but then of course I can't control it. Here is the link to the
video of what's happening exactly:

http://one.ubuntu.com/p/Md/

Any ideas on what might be happening?

Thanks,