Author: Patrick Beeson
To: ros-users
Subject: Re: [ros-users] camera1394 and swissranger

Dejan Pangercic wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
>> 'rosdep install sr4k'. Next week, I'll try to make time to make the
>> sr4k/sr3k a runtime option, instead of a compile time option.
> As rosparam then?

Yes.

>> longer support by Mesa, maybe the tum-pkg maintainers will go ahead and
>> remove swissranger first, and I can rename sr4k then.
> That would be me then:-). So if nobody objects, that is nobody else
> uses it the moment,
> I can remove it next week.

I just renamed sr4k to swissranger_camera (as suggested by Radu). This
is fine with me. Tested, works. In svn (I'll need to update the wiki
page once the changes percolate through the system).

>> You mention problems running the sr3k for the second time. Do you power
>> the device off and on then it works again? Again, sorry that I don't
> Unplugging/replugging actually already suffices.

OK. Hopefully, we can get this working withou having to unplug/replug.
I expect that you needed to make the 3 images go to 2 images? Is this
needed even with the new firmware?