Author: ros-users@code.ros.org
To: ros-users
Subject: Re: [ros-users] "could not find common time"-problem with tf
Hi Tully,

> Could you check some of the debugging outputs from tf. There are debugging
> methods here: http://www.ros.org/wiki/tf/Debugging%20tools Of particular
> interest is the output of view_frames.

I did check the output of view_frames and there is only ONE tree, also
the TF-display of rviz display the tree correctly.

> Also, are you running in simulation? If so do you have /using_sim_time set
> to true? This can cause a race condition at startup and cause the "no
> common time" error. See documentation here http://www.ros.org/wiki/Clock

No, I am not running in simulation but on the real robot (a P3AT).

The most strange thing is - in my opinion - that I can get the correct
transformation with tf_echo while my code is throwing this error.

Regards,
Sabrina