Author: Patrick Bouffard
To: ros-users
Subject: Re: [ros-users] dynamic_reconfigure server in Python?
Thanks Blaise. That will probably help, though I'm looking for an
example in Python.

Specifically, I'm stuck as to how to specify the 'type' argument when
instantiating a dynamic_reconfigure.server.Server:

class Server(object):
    def __init__(self, type, callback): <== what is type?

I can see that, for C++, there is a build step that generates a C++
class from the .cfg file, i.e. if I have Test.cfg it generates a
TestConfig class. And as shown in the example you point to, that is
the type that is specified in the templated constructor for the
server. So I imagine there is some equivalent to this in python that
probably doesn't involve any code generation, since the .cfg file
itself is really a python script. But I'm at a loss to figure out
exactly how to proceed. I imagine it should look something like:

import dynamic_reconfigure
from ____.___ import ____
myserver = dynamic_reconfigure.server.Server(____, my_callback)

Any guesses how I should fill in the blanks? :)

Pat