Author: Kim Houck
To: ros-users
Subject: [ros-users] rosdep unable to find log4cxx and boost on Ubuntu 10.04 system
I received the following error when I tried to run 'rosdep install
turtlesim' for the ros tutorial:

     $ rosdep install turtlesim
     Failed to find rosdep boost for package turtlesim on OS:ubuntu
version:10.04
     Failed to find rosdep log4cxx for package turtlesim on OS:ubuntu
version:10.04
     ERROR: ABORTING: Rosdeps [u'boost', u'log4cxx'] could not be resolved

A similar error was presented by rosdep when compiling ROS on the
system(running the beta version of Ubuntu 10.04(Lucid Lynx)). The
install was successful however after manually installing the packages in
question via apt-get. Has anyone have any info on how they handled
similar issues, or have installed ROS on a Ubuntu 10.04 system without
problems? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.