Author: Stefan Kohlbrecher
To: ros-users
Subject: [ros-users] rxplot artifacts
Hi everyone,

I am currently trying out the Orocos-ROS integration. In the process
of doing so, I added a WritePort to my testing TaskContext that
oscillates a floating point variable between values 0.0f and 1.0f. The
task context runs at a update rate of 200 Hz. When I plot the values
with rxplot, I get a large amount of artifacts, as can be see the
attached file 'rxplot_jitter.png'. When pausing rxplot for a while and
resuming, the data plotted for the paused period looks correct as
expected (see ' rxplot_pause.png'). Is this normal behavior and can it
be improved somehow?

regards,
Stefan Kohlbrecher