Author: Blaise Gassend
To: ros-users
Subject: Re: [ros-users] failure building camera_drivers/trunk/camera1394 with latest release (updated today)
The main reason is, as you guessed in your email, that the levels
have no meaning at all at the dynamic_reconfigure level. The only
place that gives them meaning is the state machine in driver_base.
It felt unclean to me to have them in dynamic_reconfigure for that reason.

Also, driver_base is very light weight (no libraries), and is in the
same stack as dynamic_reconfigure. Therefore, depending on driver_base
is essentially free for a package that already depends on
dynamic_reconfigure.

Does that sound reasonable?

Blaise