Author: Brian Gerkey
To: morris, ros-users
Subject: Re: [ros-users] rosmake --dist?
Hi Bill,

As others have mentioned, you shouldn't run cmake directly, and especially
shouldn't do so outside the build directory. The way that we invoke cmake
from make is a little clunky, but it ensures a common entry point to every
package. Geoff Biggs has done some work on getting rid of our use of make,
replacing it with a portable Python system, but that's not quite ready yet.

To your original question, 'make clean ' should prepare a package for
initial checkin.

    brian.