Author: FIXED-TERM Stambler Adam (CR/RTC1.1-NA)
To: ros-users@code.ros.org
Subject: [ros-users] PR2 Remote Laboratory Experiments
Hello All,

As a part of the PR2 Beta Program, Bosch RTC is setting up a remote laboratory for our PR2. This lab will allow us to share our PR2 with distant laboratories. This will be similar to UWA's Telelab; researchers will be able to log into the robot, upload code, and perform experiments in a standardized environment in our lab. Right now, we are in the planning stages for the laboratory and would like some input from the community. If you don't have a PR2, what type of experiments would you like to run on a remote PR2? If you do have a PR2, are there experiments where you would like to let other researchers test your algorithm or try out an alternative algorithm in a standardized environment?
Possible experiments might include opening and navigation through a standard set of doors, cleaning up a table, and putting away dishes into a dishwasher.

Any input would be extremely helpful as we plan and build the infrastructure for the remote lab.

Regards,
Adam Stambler
Robotics Intern Bosch RTC