Author: Jonathan Scholz
To: ros-users
Subject: [ros-users] roscpp parameter remapping for nodehandles
Hey all,
We have a set of parameters that will all live inside a namespace that isn't
known ahead of time. We'd like to solve this problem by using a single
remap in the launch file that changes a default nodehandle namespace to the
correct string when it's constructed.
E.G.
<remap from="paramspace" to="our_task/params" />
nh = ros::NodeHandle("paramspace")
nh.get_param("local_param")

we'd like the node handle to resolve "local_param" to
"our_task/params/local_param". Can remapping be made to work this way, or
does it only handle remapping during a query. If not, what better method
exists in a case like this?

Thanks,
--Jon Scholz