Author: Brian Gerkey
To: ros-users
Subject: Re: [ros-users] Multi-robot communication
hi Gonçalo,

I think that in this case, you really want the masters on the robots
to share topic and service registration information. We've talked
about several ways of doing this, including a kind of NFS-like
"mount," but haven't seriously implemented anything yet.

I know that the folks at Penn have hacked roscore so that multiple
masters find each other via DNS-SD (aka Bonjour) and then exchange
information about certain publishers and subscribers.

When the masters communicate, you don't need any relays; nodes
associated with one master connect directly to nodes associated with
another master.

    brian.