Author: Gonçalo Cabrita
To: ros-users
Subject: Re: [ros-users] user-defined robots in ROS ?
Hi Arkapravo,

I think the answer to your question lies in this tutorial:

http://www.ros.org/wiki/navigation/Tutorials/RobotSetup

Basically you'll have to design yourself the odometry source and the base
controller blocks represented in the diagram, which usually come in the same
ROS node (which you'll have to create for your own robot).

If you are using a popular robot platform it is likely that someone has
already made that node for ROS.

Best regards,

Gonçalo Cabrita
ISR - University of Coimbra
Portugal

On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 5:10 AM, Arkapravo Bhaumik <