Author: Gregory
To: ros-users
Subject: Re: [ros-users] rostopic echo -p -b --> Time stamp problem

Hi Tim,

I didn't know that it is possible to generate csv's using rxbag. So
thanks for the hint. But I have more than just one bag file, which
means that this solution becomes quite inefficient.

Using Ken's solution I can use a script, which speeds things up a lot.

Gregory

Tim Field wrote:

Gregory,

You can export bags to CSV with rxbag.  rxbag will export the recorded
time, not the header time.

1. run rxbag bagfile.bag
2. right-click the timeline and select View (by Topic) > topic1 > Plot
3. expand the message tree to display the fields you wish to
export
4. double-click each field to export
5. right-click the plot and select Export to CSV... > All
(or Every Xth message if you want to sample)
6. type topic1.txt and click Save
7. repeat steps 2-6 for topic2

Let me know if you run into any problems.

Tim

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 7:05 AM, Gregory <>