Author: User discussions
To: User discussions
Subject: Re: [ros-users] ros-users Digest, Vol 7, Issue 31
On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 4:41 PM, Gavin McCarter <> wrote:
> Hey Everyone,
> I've been having some issues with Gazebo recently.  Gazebo was working fine
> until recently when it started crashing on me.  Whenever I open it, the
> window shows up, and then the program crashed after about 2 seconds.  I keep
> getting this one error message:
> "[gazebo-2] process has died [pid 20191, exit code -6].
> log files:
> /home/gavin/.ros/log/c7aba6b0-ccd2-11df-a7f4-0007e97f99ca/gazebo-2*.log"

I have seen the same behavior when running through the arm_navigation
tutorials in my VMWare box. If I reboot to run Ubuntu natively, or if
I simply run:

$ roslaunch gazebo_worlds empty_world.launch

it worked. I haven't tried to diagnose it any further than that. It
does seem to work if I run it headless (which is what I have to do
when running in a VMWare box on my puny little MacBook).

--wpd