Author: User discussions
To: ros-users
Subject: [ros-users] Changing Festival voices or speed with sound_play?
Hello,

I have sound_play working with say.py to utter phrases using the
Festival TTS engine. However, the default voice is a very slow and low
male voice (rather spooky actually). When I play the same text from the
Festival command line, I get a much more normal sounding voice and play
speed, and I can change voices too. Is there a way to have sound_play
either say text at a faster speed or choose a different voice?

My setup is the latest cturtle on Ubuntu 10.04 and Festival
1.96~beta-10ubuntu1.

Thanks!
Patrick Goebel
Behavioral Sciences