Author: User discussions
To: User discussions
Subject: [ros-users] motor control driver (CiA DSP 402 EPOS/ELMO)
Hello,

We have developed in-house drivers for EPOS/ELMO controllers, which are
based on the CanOpen/CiA DSP 402 protocol.

These drivers are written in C, and we are currently in the process of
re-factoring these libraries in C++, with the goal of doing a clean ROS
driver afterwards. Initially, the library [1] will contain
implementations of subsets of both CanOpen and CiA DSP 402, with quirks
for EPOS and ELMO. On the longer run, we will probably split the CanOpen
part into another library and add more complete CiA DSP 402 support,
including PDO.

I guess that this might be of interest for the ROS user community. We
are commited to an open-development model and so contributions are very
welcome.

Kind regards,

Stéphane

[1] https://github.com/ethz-asl/libcia-dsp-402