Author: User discussions
To: ros-users
Subject: [ros-users] controllers for car-like robots
Apologies if this question has been answered before or is the wrong
question or something. I am not an expert in this area.

We would like a controller for a robot with car-like kinematics. DWA and
trajectory rollout assume that the robot can have an
independent rotational velocity but this is not possible in our robot. It
is 4-wheeled and has a steering angle for the front two wheels which
controls the change in heading in conjunction with the forward velocity. I
already have a high level planner for generating a plan from init to goal
based on an A* like algorithm but we need a low-level controller. What is
the best solution using ROS? Should I modify DWA /TR so that it can
sample trajectories with car-like dynamics? Is this already implemented
somewhere?

Thanks,
This SF Dev2Dev email is sponsored by:

WikiLeaks The End of the Free Internet