Author: User discussions
To: User discussions
Subject: Re: [ros-users] Black depth image with kinect_calibration
On Jan 14, 2011, at 8:26 AM, Raphael Favier wrote:
> I am trying to calibrate my Kinect today. My only problem is that although
> the depth info is properly displayed in the GUI, the saved depth images are
> all black.

They're not black, they're just very, very dark; it's an issue of units. If you open them up in GIMP and drag the color adjustment sliders around, you can find the non-zero regions.

Somebody should add this to the wiki; lots of people (myself included!) have this problem.

    --Mac

--
Julian "Mac" Mason            www.cs.duke.edu/~mac