Re: [ros-users] roscd/ rosls missing after update

Forside
Vedhæftede filer:
Indlæg som e-mail
+ (text/plain)
Slet denne besked
Besvar denne besked
Skribent: Ruben Smits
Til: ros-users
Emne: Re: [ros-users] roscd/ rosls missing after update
On Thursday 20 January 2011 10:26:27 Benjamin Cohen wrote:
> Hey Michael,
>
> Check out the following email from Tully for an explanation as to why you
> roscd and rosls aren't in your path anymore.

> To fix it you can just switch to sourcing /opt/ros/cturtle/setup.bash
> instead of setup.sh

This change is still pending for unstable? Because at the moment the unstable
ubuntu package does not yet have the setup.bash.

> hope that helps,
> Ben

Ruben

> Author: Tully Foote<mailto:tfoote@willowgarage.com>
> Date: 2011-01-13 18:352011-01-13 23:35 -500UTC
> To: <mailto:ros-users@code.ros.org>
> Subject: [ros-users] bash specific functionality removed from setup.sh into
> setup.bash

Hi,

> As of rosinstall version 0.5.12 it will no longer use bashisms in the
> setup.sh file. They have been moved to setup.bash. And for zsh users
> there is also a setup.zsh generated.
>
> For existing bash users this will mean that until you switch to use
> setup.bash instead of setup.sh you will not have the command line tools
> you are used to such as rosrun roscd and tab completion.
>
> This was ticketed at https://code.ros.org/trac/ros/ticket/2860
>
> I have tried to update references on the wiki. If you run into one I
> missed please update it to reference setup.bash, unless the reference is
> for a specific different shell.
>
> A similar change will be made in the /opt/ros/ROSDISTRO/setup.sh will be
> seperated to setup.sh for environment and setup.bash for bash specific
> calls. TIcketed at https://code.ros.org/trac/ros/ticket/3243
>
> Tully
> -- ben
>

> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 4:19 AM, Michael Burke
> <<mailto:mburke@csir.co.za>> wrote:

Hi,

> I updated my ros install using apt on my Ubuntu 10.10 computer, and the
> roscd functionality appears to be missing. I checked the
> /opt/ros/cturtle/ros/bin directory where most ros tools are stored, and
> there is no roscd or rosls executable. In addition, tab completion no
> longer works.

> Is this an intentional change to ros, or is there a problem error with the
> update?

> Thanks,
> Michael.
>
> --
> This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail
> legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard.

The
> full disclaimer details can be found at
> http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.
> MailScanner<http://www.mailscanner.info/>,