Author: User discussions
To: ros-users
Subject: Re: [ros-users] Robots Selection
Hi Nicolás,

I don't have an iRobot Create, but I have heard from one other ROS user
that the wheel encoders are not necessarily very reliable. Can other
Create users comment on this? In particular, I was wondering if the
encoders are good enough to do SLAM using the ROS Navigation stack in
case Nicolás is planning on giving that a try.

Patrick Goebel
Behavioral Sciences
Stanford University