Author: User discussions
To: ros-users
Subject: [ros-users] For frame [/swissranger_link]: No transform to fixed frame [/odom]

Hey guys,

I was trying to obtain the pointcloud data from sr4k tof range camera
transformed to the odom frame of pioneer 3dx platform.

When I choose /base_link as the fixed frame in the global options tab of the
rviz, there is no problem. But, as soon as I changed the fixed frame to
/odom, I get the error as stated in the subject of this message.

Pointcloud data is published with the frame_id of /swissranger_link. And, I
guess, rviz knows how to visualize things in that frame with respect to the
/odom frame.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, and please let me know if you need to
see tf tree, rxgraph and so on.

Thanks in advance...

-Kadir-