Author: User discussions
To: ros-users
Subject: [ros-users] understanding ros topic tutorial teleop_key problem

hiya,

very new to ROS installed on Ubu 10.10, ros cturtle as per install
instructions.

Fresh install of ROS, roswtf no issues

working through tutorials fine until I get to

understanding ros topic

     We'll also need something to drive the turtle around with. Please run
in a new terminal:

               $ rosrun turtlesim turtle_teleop_key

get following error

[rosrun] Couldn't find executable named turtle_teleop_key below
/opt/ros/cturtle/stacks/ros_tutorials/turtlesim

played around, searched for a bit and found......

http://www.ros.org/wiki/turtle_teleop http://www.ros.org/wiki/turtle_teleop

(1) rosdep install turtle_teleop
(2) roscd turtle_teleop
(3) roslaunch launch/turtle_keyboard.launch

this seems to work.....with turtlesim

am I doing something obviously wrong, it's just I found alot of the robot
frameworks seem to have broken dependencies on Maverick, or tutorials are
out of date and it affects uptake.

Thanks

Dave