Author: User discussions
To: ros-users
Subject: [ros-users] New package: footstep_planner for humanoid navigation
Hi all!

I'm pleased to announce the first footstep planner in ROS, fully
documented at http://www.ros.org/wiki/footstep_planner and available in
University of Freiburg's ROS package repository
(http://www.ros.org/wiki/alufr-ros-pkg).

Details will be presented in the upcoming publication "Humanoid
Navigation with Dynamic Footstep Plans" at ICRA 2011 in Shanghai. The
package can be directly used for footstep planning in RViz and provides
footstep parameterizations for the Nao and a larger humanoid (e.g. Asimo
or HRP-2).

footstep_planner is the first package in our humanoid_navigation stack,
which will contain more packages for navigation with humanoids in the
future.

Best regards,
Armin

--
Armin Hornung
Humanoid Robots Lab, Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg