Author: User discussions
To: User discussions
Subject: [ros-users] std_msgs.msg._Header and diamond upgrade
Hey all,

I've got an older machine that was running cturtle, and just upgraded it to
diamondback, and I've been getting some very frustrating errors with our
rospy-based platform driver. Sample:

  File "/home/administrator/ros-clearpath/clearpath_base/src/data.py", line
108, in pkg_encoders
    msg = Encoders()
  File
"/home/administrator/ros-clearpath/clearpath_base/src/clearpath_base/msg/_Encoders.py",
line 64, in __init__
    self.header = std_msgs.msg._Header.Header()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '_Header'

It looks like diamond moved Header from roslib to std_msgs, and I made sure
to rosmake --pre-clean this package, but I still seem to be getting this
error. The manifest includes the std_msgs dependency.

My PYTHONPATH is /opt/ros/diamondback/ros/core/roslib/src:

My ROS_PACKAGE_PATH
is /opt/ros/diamondback/stacks:/home/administrator/ros-clearpath:/home/administrator/gps_umd

Can anyone see what could be the issue here? Thanks.