Author: User discussions
To: ros-users
Subject: [ros-users] environment_server node leaking memory
Hello folks,

I just noticed that environment_server node eats up huge amounts of
memory and never releases it back to the OS. Pretty much every
executed trajectory adds about 200Mb to the process. It starts out at
a reasonable few hundred megs and quickly grows to several gigabytes,
just eating all available memory. Anybody else have this problem?

I tried running the node in valgrind, but it didn't quite work out,
all transforms were outdated most of the time so my pickup script just
couldn't do anything.

I am running fully updated ROS Diamondback on Ubuntu 10.04.

Thanks,
Anton