Author: User discussions
To: User discussions
Subject: Re: [ros-users] progress on ROS on OS X
Hi All,

While on the same row on osx note
I have been trying to get row(at least the basic packages listed to be working) on my newly installed Lion. I am installing electric based on the instructions here http://www.ros.org/wiki/electric/Installation/OSX

Here is the error message
[rosbuild] Building package rosconsole
[rosbuild] Cached build flags older than manifests; calling rospack to get flags
[rosbuild] Including /Users/makokal/ros/ros_comm/clients/roslisp/cmake/roslisp.cmake
[rosbuild] Including /Users/makokal/ros/ros_comm/clients/rospy/cmake/rospy.cmake
[rosbuild] Including /Users/makokal/ros/ros_comm/clients/cpp/roscpp/cmake/roscpp.cmake
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /Users/makokal/ros/ros_comm/tools/rosconsole/build
cd build && make -l2
Scanning dependencies of target rospack_genmsg_libexe
[ 0%] Built target rospack_genmsg_libexe
Scanning dependencies of target rosbuild_precompile
[ 0%] Built target rosbuild_precompile
Scanning dependencies of target rosconsole
[ 50%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rosconsole.dir/src/rosconsole/rosconsole.o
/Users/makokal/ros/ros_comm/tools/rosconsole/src/rosconsole/rosconsole.cpp:686: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault: 11
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter> for instructions.
make[3]: *** [CMakeFiles/rosconsole.dir/src/rosconsole/rosconsole.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/rosconsole.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2

I am having gcc4.2 which come from apple by default. I have also installed gcc44 from macports but that didn't change anything.
I also followed a question on the same on answers.org(http://answers.ros.org/question/1653/compiler-segmantion-fault-durint-ros-installation), but there is not significant update on the same.

I would appreciate ideas

regards,
billy