Author: User discussions
To: ros-users@code.ros.org
Subject: [ros-users] Python fails to export messages from move_base_msgs??? (UNCLASSIFIED)
Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

I'm having a really strange problem under electric. I'm trying to use the
move_base_msgs package in my package. I've added it as a dependency in my
package's manifest, and am able to import the top level module. That is,
'import move_base_msgs' works. However, if I try 'from move_base_msgs.msg
import *', none of the defined messages gets imported; in fact, python
raises an exception saying that "'module' object has no attribute 'msg'",
when I can confirm that move_base_msgs/src/move_base_msgs does exist (with
__init__.py as well). When I try:

import move_base_msgs
print(dir(move_base_msgs))

I don't get the 'msg' submodule list. However, when I do the following:

import actionlib_msgs
print(dir(actionlib_msgs))

I do get the 'msg' submodule for actionlib.

So, what's going on, and how do I fix it?

Thanks,
Cem Karan