Author: User discussions
To: ros-users
Subject: Re: [ros-users] REP 3: Target Platforms updates for Fuerte and Groovy
Hello,

What is the plan w.r.t. C++11? Now that the standard is out, and that a
large part of features are available in recent g++ releases, we will see
many upstream libraries going for it. As upstream developer, it is
clearly always a question of whether to adopt such a recent standard,
but given the huge speed-up in development it brings in some cases, I
have decided to go for using features that are at least in gcc 4.4.

To allow integration of recent code from research, I think that ROS
should, whenever possible, embrace C++11.

Kind regards,

Stéphane

--
Dr Stéphane Magnenat