Author: User discussions
To: User discussions
Subject: Re: [ros-users] Announcing humanoid_walk 0.1
On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 10:05 AM, Armin Hornung
<> wrote:
> Hello Thomas,
>

> On 2012-01-08 14:50, Thomas Moulard wrote:
>>
>> Dear ROS users,
>> I am pleased to announce the first release of humanoid_walk.
>>
>> This release provides C++[1] and ROS[2] interfaces to allow humanoid
>> robot walking trajectories generation.
>
> That's really cool, great to see more humanoid-related packages appearing in
> ROS! At some point we could try to unify the interfaces between
> humanoid_walk and footstep_planner, seems like a logical step to plug these
> two together!

Actually, I tooked at your package while designing the stack so it
should really be
straight-forward. We just have a couple of additional settings to
setup the actual
pattern generator algorithm. So practically speaking it comes to more or less to
make a node which calls plan_footsteps then GetPath.

Additionally, we're slowly starting to integrate our control system to ROS but
several problems must be solved before it becomes really usable. In particular,
we're trying to support URDF but it is not done yet.

I may also submit a REP to ROS in order to standardize the humanoid
robot frames name:
https://github.com/laas/rep-coordinate-frames-for-biped-robots/blob/master/rep-0118.txt

It is especially important for us as we need to attach semantics to
joints in order to realize task
based control.

I will probably get back to you once it is finalized in order to see
if nao_description can be updated...

Best,
--
Thomas Moulard