Re: [ros-users] Draft REP: Coordinate Frames for Humanoids R…

Forside
Vedhæftede filer:
Indlæg som e-mail
+ (text/plain)
Slet denne besked
Besvar denne besked
Skribent: User discussions
Til: User discussions
CC: Olivier Stasse, Antonio El Khoury, Florent Lamiraux
Emne: Re: [ros-users] Draft REP: Coordinate Frames for Humanoids Robots
On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 8:01 AM, Armin Hornung
<> wrote:
> On 2012-01-18 15:02, Thomas Moulard wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 11:17 AM, Armin Hornung
>> <>  wrote:

> With the new sketch the gripper frames are much clearer! Is there a
> rationale in using x going "up" in this case (collinear) and y "towards" the
> object? With REP-103 I would say that x forward and z up is much more
> intuitive ("in relation to a body" would hereby relate to the gripper / end
> effector). Maybe someone familiar with the existing grapsing pipeline(s) can
> chime in here.

I like that sketch, but agree with Armin that the coordinate axes
shown there are quite surprising.

REP-0103 says:

"In relation to a body the standard is: x forward, y left, z up".

While "up" may seem arbitrary for a gripper, "forward" suggests the
direction to which it is extended.
--
 joq