Re: [ros-users] Generic Logging to MongoDB and example appli…

Forside
Vedhæftede filer:
Indlæg som e-mail
+ (text/plain)
Slet denne besked
Besvar denne besked
Skribent: User discussions
Til: User discussions
Emne: Re: [ros-users] Generic Logging to MongoDB and example applications
On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 7:54 AM, Tim Niemueller
<> wrote:
> Hello ROS users.
>
> Most of the data produced on robot systems today is volatile: it is
> acquired, processed, and discarded. With this mail, we announce the
> monogodb_log package [1], which is a generic logging facility to store
> any and all data transmitted via topics to the document-oriented,
> schema-free database MongoDB [2]. The big advantage of this package
> compared to mongo_ros is that it keeps the message type structure for
> the documents in the database (see [1] for an example), allowing for
> more selective and efficient queries. The conceptual background and
> experimental and benchmark results are detailed in our IROS paper [3].
>
> The project website [4] gives more details on the system and provides
> all relevant links to the ROS and Fawkes specific pages, the paper and
> more. We welcome anybody interested to use the system, contribute
> enhancements and extensions, and implement exciting applications of the
> database and making use of the stored data in new ways.
>
> This work is the result of a cooperation of the Personal Robotics Lab at
> The Robotics Institute of the Carnegie Mellon University and the
> Knowledge-based Systems Group at the RWTH Aachen University.
>
> Regards from Aachen,
> Tim
>
> [1] http://ros.org/wiki/mongodb_log
> [2] http://www.mongodb.org
> [3] http://www.fawkesrobotics.org/publications/2012/robodb-iros2012/
> [4] http://www.fawkesrobotics.org/projects/mongodb-log/

Looks interesting. Thanks!

I wish we'd had something like this years ago.
--
joq