Til: ros-users
Emne: Re: [ros-users] Android rxconsole
Hi Takashi,

I gave your app a try and couldn't get it to work.

I ran roscore on my laptop. I connected my phone and laptop to the same
wireless network (10.0.1.x). I opened your app and set my laptops IP as
the master and connected. I checked the list of ROS nodes on my laptop
and saw "/android_console" listed, but no messages were ever displayed
in the app. (When I turned off the app, the android node disappeared,
so I'm sure that was it.)

One piece of information that might help is that rosnode info gave the
following output:
/**
dgooding@bacon:~$ rosnode info /android_console
* /rosout_agg [rosgraph_msgs/Log]

Services: None

contacting node http://21.224.151.61:54815/ ...
ERROR: Communication with node[http://21.224.151.61:54815/] failed!
**/

What IP is that? It's not my phone's wifi IP (x.7). It's not my ISP's
external IP (98.x) It's not my phones 3G service IP (66.x).

There might need to be a way to select which IP address the node
describes itself with.

*Dustin Gooding*
NASA/JSC Robotics