[ros-users] Demonstration using OpenCV and ROS at NY HW Star…

Forside
Vedhæftede filer:
Indlæg som e-mail
+ (text/plain)
+ (text/html)
Slet denne besked
Besvar denne besked
Skribent: User discussions
Til: ros-users
Nye-emner: [ros-users] New ros package for AR.Drone, falkor_ardrone
Emne: [ros-users] Demonstration using OpenCV and ROS at NY HW Startup and Maker Faire
Hi everyone,
I'm new to OpenCV and ROS so I'm happy to mention that I'll be demoing my first OpenCV/ROS project this Wednesday at the NY HW Startup Meetup and also at Maker Faire on Sunday this weekend. Here are the two links to the events:

http://www.meetup.com/NY-Hardware-Start-up/events/80880922/

http://makerfaire.com/pub/e/9341

All the code I wrote is in a fork off of AutonomyLab's ardrone_autonomy. I probably should have created a seperate package, I know, I'll probably move all my additions into a separate package at some point. In the meantime you can pick up my code at:

https://github.com/FalkorSystems/ardrone_autonomy

It's not documented at all, and it has evidence of numerous attempts to try different things that failed to work very well, but now it works pretty well. I finally ended up using a Haar classifier so that I could detect a person wearing a t-shirt with my company logo, and the robot follows it. The cascade detection is augmented with optical flow in case in a subsequent frame the logo gets missed by the detector.

Hopefully this will help other people out there trying to do similar things.