Re: [ros-users] Compiling and installing ROS in Debian Squee…

Forside
Vedhæftede filer:
Indlæg som e-mail
+ (text/plain)
Slet denne besked
Besvar denne besked
Skribent: User discussions
Til: User discussions
Emne: Re: [ros-users] Compiling and installing ROS in Debian Squeeze
Hi Tully,

A Dijous 04 Octubre 2012, Tully Foote va escriure:
> Thanks for contributing these resources It will help people looking to use
> debian greatly.

I need to make some documentation. I hope soon.

> If you'd like we could also work with you to try to merge debian support
> upstream. Our whole infrastructure could be extended to support debian
> codenames as well as ubuntu ones. We don't have time to actively support
> Debian releases but patches in that direction would be accepted. Related
> to this we could consider providing your backports in the main ROS repos as
> we do for Ubuntu.

Perfect, my propose is to create some kind of debian-robotics derivative in
the way to install easily ros/orocos/ whatever robotics software in a debian
distro. I manage a group of boxes in a robotics' lab and it's a pain to
maintain ROS in this boxes. It's easy (I doubt it also ...) if you have a
ubuntu box and a monouser (or few users) but a multiuser box is ... uff.

> Jack's spot on with respect to PCL. The problem is that PCL standalone
> defines symbols which collide with the ROS messages. This is an artifact
> of the early development process, and can't be fixed without an api
> breaking change on either side.

thanks for the explanation. Now it's more clear.

> To build the same version as in ROS see
> this repository [1] It is a git-buildpackage repository with all the tags
> generated for Ubuntu, and can easily be extended for other debian codenames
> into sourcedebs.

Ok I don't understand this. Are you saying that the repo [1] has a version of
the perception package that could compile with a stand-alone version of pcl?

Otherwise it's not easy (at least for me) to create a debian (pure Debian, not
Ubuntu) package from that sources. It requires the catkin package and by now,
waiting the fhs transition it's not easy to prepare.

<rant mode>
It's really so complicate to have a full ROS system in a no ubuntu box!!!
</rant mode>

Regards,

Leo

> On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 9:48 AM, Jack O'Quin <> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 9:49 AM, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda
> > <> wrote:
> > > A Dimecres 03 Octubre 2012, Rich Mattes va escriure:

> > > system

> > > fuerte

> > it

> > going
> > resolved.
> > >
> > > Well, we want something similar. A PCL version stand-alone that could be
> > used
> > > by ros.
> > >
> > > I have seen the github code, and it doesn't seems that use the ROS

stuff,