Til: ros-users
Emne: [ros-users] BRIDE release 0.1.2
Dear ROS-community,

I want to announce the 0.1.2 version of BRIDE that is now in a state that it can be used by ros-developers and I'm looking forward for feedback.

BRIDE is a model driven engineering tool chain based on Eclipse. It is developed as part of the BRICS project.

In manually created ROS components, ROS-specific code parts are usually mixed with the framework-independent algorithmic core of a component. In contrast, BRIDE allows for a clear separation of framework-independent and framework-specific code: Component interfaces and behaviors are modeled in an abstract representation. This representation can then be used to auto-generate source code for different middleware and programming language targets.

You can find more information on the installation as well as tutorials on the corresponding roswiki pages at http://ros.org/wiki/bride .

If you are interested in the BRICS concepts, the BRICS project or want to try out the OROCOS targeting of BRIDE please visit http://www.best-of-robotics.org .

Best regards,

Alexander Bubeck

--

Dipl.-Ing. Alexander Bubeck

Research Associate

Fraunhofer IPA, Robot and Assistive Systems

Nobelstraße 12,

70569 Stuttgart, Germany