Author: User discussions
To: ros-users@code.ros.org
Subject: [ros-users] ROS I Turtle Naming Brainstorming
With ROS Groovy Galapagos out the door and plans getting underway for Hydro
Medusa, it's time to start brainstorming the full name for I Turtle.

As past names have shown, there are no rules to this process.

Please provide suggestions and comments.

-- Your friendly ROS naming committee

Past names and codenames:
Boxturtle -- boxturtle
C Turtle -- cturtle
Diamondback -- diamondback
Electric Emys -- electric
Fuerte -- fuerte
Groovy Galapagos -- groovy
Hydro Medusa -- hydro

Our usual starting points are these two lists, I've collated them below:

http://www.meetup.com/Turtle/messages/boards/thread/1619913
http://www.chelonia.org/byspecies.htm

Impressed tortoise: Manouria impressa (Testudinidae)
Inagua slider: Trachemys stejnegeri malonei (Emydidae)
Indian black turtle: Melanochelys trijuga (Geoemydidae)
Indian eyed turtle: Morenia petersi (Geoemydidae)
Indian roofed turtle: Kachuga tecta (Geoemydidae)
Indian roofed turtle: Pangshura tecta (Geoemydidae)
Indian softshell turtle: Aspideretes gangeticus (Trionychidae)
Indian spotted turtle: Geoclemys hamiltonii (Geoemydidae)
Indian star tortoise: Geochelone elegans (Testudinidae)
Indian tent turtle: Kachuga tentoria tentoria (Geoemydidae)
Indian tent turtle: Pangshura tentoria tentoria (Geoemydidae)

Indotestudo elongata - Elongated Tortoise
Indotestudo forstenii - Forsten's Tortoise
Indotestudo travancorica - Travancore Tortoise