Re: [Ros-release] Pre-release build failed, release build di…

Forside
Vedhæftede filer:
Indlæg som e-mail
+ (text/plain)
+ (text/html)
Slet denne besked
Besvar denne besked
Skribent: Jack O'Quin
Til: Shaun Edwards
CC: ros-release@code.ros.org
Emne: Re: [Ros-release] Pre-release build failed, release build did not
On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 1:36 PM, Shaun Edwards <>wrote:

> All,
>
> I ran into some strange behavior recently. I tried to do a pre-release
> build recently on my abb stack. I had done one about 2 months ago, but
> forgot to do a release (I'm losing it). Despite not making any changes,
> the pre-release build failed. I tried several "fixes" but nothing seemed
> to work. I compared the abb stack to the motoman stack (already released).
> Even though both had nearly the same dependencies, abb wouldn't build. By
> that point I had convinced myself that something was wrong with the
> pre-release. I went ahead and released abb, which surprisingly built with
> no problems. The links for the releases can be found below. Has anybody
> else encountered this problem? What am I missing?
>
> ABB Pre-release (precise) :
> http://build.willowgarage.com//job/prerelease_groovy_abb_precise_amd64/15/
>
> ABB release (precise):
> http://build.willowgarage.com//job/prerelease_groovy_abb_precise_amd64/16/

Sometimes the build farm will fail for transitory reasons.

Maybe a bunch of packages you depend on were being rebuilt when your
pre-release ran. (Only a guess.)
--
joq