Re: [ros-release] Add account to ros-dry-releases

Forside
Vedhæftede filer:
Indlæg som e-mail
+ (text/plain)
+ (text/html)
+ (text/plain)
Slet denne besked
Besvar denne besked
Skribent: Austin Hendrix
Til: Dirk Thomas
CC: ros-release \[ros-release@lists.ros.org\]
Emne: Re: [ros-release] Add account to ros-dry-releases
Please don’t do this. Please?

Converting a package from rosbuild to catkin mid-release has generally resulted in API instability and surprises for users of your package.

If you do do this, please test the pre-release builds very carefully before they hit the public repositories, to make sure that you haven’t accidentally changed the exposed headers, APIs, etc.

At a minimum, I expect anything compiled with an rpath pointing to your libraries will break when the underlying library moves during the upgrade.

-Austin