[ros-release] pointcloud_to_laserscan standalone package?

Forside
Vedhæftede filer:
Indlæg som e-mail
+ (text/plain)
Slet denne besked
Besvar denne besked
Skribent: The ROS release mailing list
Til: ros-release
Emne: [ros-release] pointcloud_to_laserscan standalone package?
Hello,
I recently found myself in need of some code for converting PointCloud2
to LaserScan for my Velodyne clouds. Before migrating from fuerte to
indigo, I have been using the pointcloud_to_laserscan package from
turtlebot but I could not find any equivalent for Indigo. Therefore I
ended up copying node's files from the turtlebot git fuerte tag,
catkinizing the package and converting it to a standard node (instead of
a nodelet). The results of that can be seen at Github repository
https://github.com/piappl/cloud_to_scan.

Now I've got the idea that this kind of node could be useful for some
other people and could be released as a standalone package. Should you
decide that this is a good idea, I would gladly maintain this package
and clean the code/add some features.

Kind regards,
Jan Czarnowski